1. Introduce yourself(tell about yourself & who you are)
Hi my name’s Yvonne Akeyo. 33 years of age and I live in Nairobi Kenya.
2. What is your daily inspiration that helps you get through life?
I believe there are good times ahead. Tough times don’t last. Eventually, all I am working hard for will pay off. No shortcuts needed.
3. What are some goals in life you are currently completing?
I am almost done with my masters, doing the course I really love, International Relations. It opened up my mind to a lot of things that happened around the world. I don’t have my dream job yet, but I believe am almost there. Currently, manager at my local estate office. Viewing life differently while here, too. The pressures I am getting right now I believe are a preparation for something big yet to come.
4. What is a positive message you’d like to share with people around the world?
Never give up. You don’t know the plans God and the universe have for you. Just keep pushing. Everything will pay off eventually.
5. What are some qualities or traits that describe the person you are?
Strong-willed/minded. I always give my all to what I am doing. Believe I am a loving person too. Always got my family and friends back.
6. What are some mental struggles you’ve faced in life, and how did you overcome them?
I suffered major loss in 2016/2019 (death of a loved one). Never been so messed up mentally. It took time to heal, and to do that I cut off a lot of people and just interacted with the people who genuinely loved and cared about me. But I mostly kept to myself until I felt better. Kept myself busy with books and family.
7. What are some other things about you, you’d like to share with other people around the world?
Just a message of love. Spread love and positivity. In a world full of negativity, spread love.