1. Introduce yourself(tell about yourself & who you are)
I’m Christie! I’m 38 years old and I live in Chicago. I work as the Social Media & Marketing Lead for an app called Lalo (http://www.lalo.app)
2. What inspires you to do the work you do everyday?
In my work with Lalo, there are a couple different sources of inspiration. One is my own experiences with grief and death. As an amateur genealogist and someone who has lost a lot of family members, I know how difficult it can be to preserve your family’s history. I also know firsthand the challenges of navigating your grief journey. Lalo is a solution to help people preserve their family’s memories and stories in a private and ad-free space – very much the opposite of traditional social media. I know how important it is for people today to have a space like this, and I’m honored to be a part of this mission.
3. What are some goals in life you’d like to complete?
I want to travel: Hawaii, Europe, National Parks, road trip across the U.S. I want to learn how to run. I know that might sound odd, but as someone who is not athletic and asthmatic it feels like a big undertaking! I want to learn how to grow my own food. I want to live more simply. I want to find my purpose in life. I want to be more independent. I want to help people & make the world a better place. I want to find my people: the people who truly love all of me and accept me for who I am.
4. What is some words of wisdom that motivate you everyday?
Every day is a fresh start with unlimited potential.
5. What is a positive message you’d like to share with people around the world?
You are perfect the way you are.
6. What are 3 qualities that describe you as a person?
Warm, intuitive, authentic
7. What is one way you’d like to make an impact in the world
Connect with people on an emotional level. Make them feel seen and heard. Whether it’s a stranger on the street or one of my children, I know how impactful it can be on a person’s life when they feel seen and heard.