1. Introduce yourself(tell about yourself & who you are) I’m Tony, a 22 year college student studying fashion merchandising and overall I just enjoy being creative 2. What inspired you […]
1. Introduce yourself(tell about yourself & who you are)
I’m Tony, a 22 year college student studying fashion merchandising and overall I just enjoy being creative
2. What inspired you to get into the art world because I noticed you do photography & filming
What’s funny about that is I started my own clothing company 3 years back and i wanted to implement my aesthetic into my work, so I bought a film camera. I began just doing it for my company but as I kept taking photos people really enjoyed my work. So now I take my film camera everywhere and if I don’t have film on my camera I’ll take some photos on my Kodak camera or use my iPhone
3. I see what looks like a clothing brand you created tell me more about how you got that started?
I got started because I was selling vintage and a ton of people kept telling me I should, I start my own company, and so I did
4. What are some words of wisdom you live by everyday?
I don’t really go by words of wisdom, but I do pray every single day for 10-20 minutes. Praying is like meditation to me, it helps me get through my day
5. What are some struggles you faced to get to where you are now?
Some struggles I faced were very early on when I was about 18. When I was 18 I literally felt like I hit rock bottom but as people say “ the irony is you find your self in the dark” and that’s exactly what happened . I moved out of my parents with little to no money , was about to drop out of college and head to the military, and overall my life was terrible. I went back Christmas Day to my parents and the next year I picked up on selling vintage again (my first love) , found a good job and went back to community college. So I’m at now is I basically work for myself full time selling vintage to customers , photography makes me some money and I’m 3 semesters away to become the first person in my family to graduate from a university
6. What is your most interesting moment you’ve had doing what you do?
The most interesting moment is nothing in particular but all the love I get from photos or all the love I get for having some suck vintage items
7. What is one way you’d like to make an impact in the world?
One impact is to create my brand around sustainability because a lot of these fashion brands know exactly how harmful some of their products are but don’t do a thing about it. So as a college student as I learn more about what I can do to help our planet, I want to normalize pre-orders for every drop so nothing goes to waste !
8. Last question what else would you like to tell people about you?
Don’t take yourself too seriously and don’t do something for the money because that’s where you’ll lose yourself. Do it because you love doing it and don’t ever forget about where you came from !! Everyone starts from somewhere